As a blogger who can feel the industry changing I’ve been looking at new ways to make money online. One thing I’ve been doing is changing my social media game to make extra income and even helping others with their social media. I recently saw that you can get paid on Instagram for Heartbeat, the leading platform rewarding women for sharing brands they love on Instagram. Which is easy if you love to use instagram right?
Well that’s just the tip of the iceberg as we have even more ways to earn extra income.
6 Ways to Earn Extra Income
Richard Wong, VP Marketing & Creator Relations of #paid, the world’s leading influencer marketing platform for authentic brand collaborations with 13,000 influencers across 105 countries is now proffering insights into the top side hustles being successfully employed. Trust us, your audience will appreciate this just in time for the start of summer.
From #paid and the desk of Richard Wong: Top 6 Side Hustles for the Gig Economy This Summer:
- Give your two cents: Starting a blog is a great way to earn a little extra cash every month. It’s important to find your niche first to bring in readers that will be interested in what you choose to write about, whatever that may be. Once you attract some loyal followers, you can begin to place ads on your blog. Writing sponsored posts is also a great way to earn some extra income from a blog. Some bloggers make up to $1,000/month or more just by implementing these strategies.
- The value of video: It’s no secret that Youtube has grown exponentially as a money-making platform over the past couple years, with the number of users earning over $100,000 on the platform increasing by more than 40 percent annually. As a content creator, you can monetize your channel to position ads on your videos, which in turn can make you a pretty penny. Brands are also constantly looking for creators to showcase their products on their channels, which is another great way to make some extra cash from Youtube.
- Podcast profits: Podcasting is a great alternative to Youtube that is substantially growing as an advertiser-friendly medium. Podcasts are great examples of collaborative, long-form media that attract niche audiences and digital natives alike. Once you have a topic you know you want to talk about, record a few episodes so you can bring in some listeners. A great way to make a profit off of your podcast is affiliate marketing. Another great way to earn an extra $1,000/month for podcasting is to use Patreon, which is a membership-based platform where creators can put their content out to those who pay a monthly access fee.
- Bring home the bacon: It may seem too good to be true, but there are legitimately restaurants out there paying influencers to dine in and take photos of their meals. Yes, that’s a real thing. With a catchy name and a few thousand followers, you can turn your love for insta-worthy food into a profitable side hustle. Businesses search for those who are active in their local food community and can influence people to try their cuisine out, so don’t be afraid to reach out to the manager of your favorite sushi place and say hello!
- Pets that pay off: Who doesn’t love to scroll through pictures of cute animals on Instagram? If you have a pet that you think has star potential, creating an Instagram account for them is a great way to make some extra cash and have fun with your furry (or scaly) friend while doing it. Use your pet’s unique personality to create a brand and make sure to post consistently to attract advertisers to your account. Some pets make up to $2,000/post for ads, so it’s at least worth a try!
- Gaming gains: As video games like Fortnite and Minecraft continue to have viral success, you might be wondering how you can cash in on the time you spend playing. With Twitch, it’s easy to turn your gaming hobby into a full-fledged side hustle. Twitch is an online streaming service specifically used for video games. Just like Youtube, you can monetize your streams and generate advertising revenue. You can also become a Twitch partner, which will allow your followers to access exclusive live chats and content. A lot of gaming Youtubers are making the transition to Twitch, so be sure to get in on it while you can!