I have always taken Zoe’s pictures over and over again and in this one it really looks like she’s telling me to hold on mom I need five minutes. So it made me remember how moms need to take 5. Here are 5 ways to take 5.
5 Ways to Take 5 Mom
1. Go to the store by yourself – It’s important to have time to yourself no matter how you can get it. I LOVE to leave the house when my husband gets home from work and go to the grocery store by myself. It’s so quite in the car, in the store and in my head.
2. Take an extra long bathroom break. Ok, This may sound really crazy, but just lock yourself in. Drink a glass of win, take a bath just lock the door. My kids don’t seem to know that the bathroom is a private place, I think it’s time I reminded them.
3. Read a book. The only time that it’s actually quiet in the house is when the kids are reading. Tell them to grab a book, or just grab one yourself. Reading is a peaceful thing to do. Of course you could also paint, or take up whatever hobby relaxes you.
4. Have a you day, a spa day or get your hair cut. Go out and do something that makes you feel pretty and relaxed. I love going to the spa but it doesn’t happen very often. I also love to get my hair done. It’s nice to have someone else do it.
5. Have a girl’s night out or in. Girl talk and relaxing with friends is sometimes the very best medicine.