5 Ways to Experience Kissimmee Without Going to Disney
We all know that Disney is a magical place, but Kissimmee is home to so many amazing activities and adventures! You could plan a weeklong vacation to Kissimmee full of fun and adventure without even going to Disney. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Disney (Who doesn’t?!?), but sometimes families need to know what else there is in Orlando.
1. Wild Florida – This place is full of Florida wildlife from the second you step onto the grounds. A petting zoo, airboat rides, and of course alligators can keep your family busy for hours!
2. Forever Florida – If you want to see some untouched, natural Florida scenery, but aren’t feeling the boat riding bug, Forever Florida is a great stop. This eco-ranch of 4700 acres offers a ton of adventures including horseback tours, safari rides, and amazing zipline tours.
3. Arabian Nights – This family owned and operated dinner entertainment show features gorgeous horses and a patriotic story. Enjoy a meal while watching a theatrical show unfold before your eyes.
4. Gatorland – It’s impossible to feature Florida wildlife without alligators and Gatorland is the alligator hot spot. Gator shows, gator rescues, gator babies, mysterious white gators, and more can be found at this great Orlando attraction where you could easily spend a day.
5. Premium Outlets Orlando – Once you’ve seen the wild side of Kissimmee, you can take a day to hit this shopper’s paradise. Upscale stores like Coach, and kid friendly stops like Stride Rite make this a great shopping destination for all.
So there you have it – 5 ways to spend a day in Orlando without going to Disney. I have to admit that not all of these places are officially in Orlando or Kissimmee, but they’re all very close. They also all have great online resources to help you plan your family’s visit. Don’t forget to check out our own Kissimmee experiences here on MomStart to help you plan your trip.
Experience Kissimmee brought me to Florida to experience Kissimmee in person. All opinions are my own, and no compensation was received.
About Ashley – Ashley is a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and former teacher working to navigate through the mysterious world of Mommyia. Read more about her adventures at Momicles and follow her @Momicles2010.