From the moment the narration starts and the first scene of the beautiful world created for Maleficent I was sucked in to the story. Maleficent begins with her a beautiful young fairy taking care of everyone in the Moore. She was fun and jolly and everyone loved her, and the trees obeyed and respected her. A human boy, Stefan enters the Moore and steals something. She demands that he gives it back and she just drops it into the water. He doesn’t understand, she explains I returned it to it’s home and now I will do the same with you. As they are walking back together they realize they have a lot in common and a friendship begins.
This friendship evolves into a deep love and that is the key to both of their un-doings. You may think you know Maleficent but not like this. The movie gives her character so much more depth than you ever see in any animated version of the movie. She has heart and strength and of course the fury of a woman scorned. Stefan has desires of moving from the lowly farm he lives on to live in the castle and to one day become king and he would do anything to become king and he did. He did something so awful it changed Maleficent forever.
Without giving more of the story away I want to get into reasons why you should see Maleficent in theaters.
1. So you can see the story before someone shares all the amazing spoilers with you because there are more than what I’ve already shared.
2. Because the imagery is amazing in 3D. The world created was so fantastic and creative and just blow your mine beautiful.
3. You can take your whole family to see the film. I can’t give you an age range that’s up to you, which is why it’s labeled PG. Parents know their children best. I’m taking mine to see it and mine are 6 and 7.
4. The acting is amazing, Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, and Sharlto Copley just make the movie. Sharlto plays a mad king, Elle plays an inquisitive princess and Angelina Jolie….what can I say about her? Has she ever made a bad movie. She’s good in everything she does and she IS MALEFICENT!
5. It’s a story of family and the true meaning of love.
I would love to give more of the story away, like the surprise ending and the surprise on top of the surprise. I mean Disney is really changing what a modern princess is compared to what she was 20 plus years ago.
Go See Maleficent it’s Now in Theaters