King’s Hawaiian makes some of the best rolls around right? We received some coupons to purchase some rolls for the starring roll and we invite you to enter the contest as well. You have 5 Days left to enter the King’s Hawaiian Starring Roll.
20-24 servings, 30 min to prep., 3 hr. to marinate, 30 min. cook
- 3 lbs (about 9 pieces) boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ oz Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 ½ green bell pepper, cut to the size of the dinner roll
- 1 ½ red bell pepper, cut to the size of the dinner roll
- ¾ red onion, cut to the size of the dinner roll
- ¾ cup mayo
- 2 (12-pack) KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls (cut horizontally)
- Fresh pineapple, for garnish
- Mix oregano, basil, and Italian dressing.
- Cut the peppers and onion into slices small enough to fit the King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Roll.
- Add chicken and vegetables to marinade and mix. Be sure to evenly coat all ingredients.
- When the chicken and vegetables are evenly coated with the marinade, refrigerate (for food safety) for about three hours.
- Heat grill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill chicken until cooked. Grill vegetables until tender.
- Spread mayo on both sides of the roll and assemble sliders, in this order: bottom of bread, chicken, bell pepper, onion, top of bread. Use a toothpick to skew a pineapple garnish and hold the sandwich in place.
To Create Pineapple Garnish:
- Cut fresh pineapple lengthwise into ½ inch slabs.
- Lay pineapple slice onto a cutting board and use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut pineapple.
Chef’s Tip: To add extra flavor and create beautiful grill lines use a cast iron skillet with ridges.
King’s Hawaiian is inviting fans to join in on the fun and throw an epic award show party – one worthy of an Academy Award or a Grammy. King’s Hawaiian understands that everyone wants the chance to turn on the glitz. This award season, get off the couch and join the party! Please join us as we celebrate the “Starring Roll” campaign. Visit starringroll.com for a chance to win a grand prize of $10,000.
We like ours in quite a few different ways. Here are some Chili Dogs with Cheese and Fritos.
Then this next one has a hot dog with avocado, fried onions, and crab. It was so good!