Summer vacation is coming up soon and you might be looking for a little extra cash to go on that vacation you want to go on. Or maybe you’ve saved up and just need to add a little spending money and maybe you just want to be able to splurge on iced coffees all summer. Here are 16 Simple Ways to Save for Summer Vacation
16 Easy Saving Tips
- Unplug your appliances! Even in standby mode you spend about $100/year. Keep the cash!
- Wash your clothes in cold water! You’ll save money on your electric bill.
- Get organized! When you know where everything is, you avoid late fees or spending extra money to replace lost items.
- Trade and borrow with your friends – what’s "new to you" can save you major dough!
- Download SmartPay Check-Link from Cumberland Farms – you’ll save 10 cents on every gallon of gas.
- Track every cent you spend for one month – this eye opening exercise can help you spend less!
- Heat rises – use ceiling fans to help keep the heat in your home circulating and you can turn down the thermostat a few degrees.
- Buy generic whenever possible – your family won’t notice the difference, and you can save a lot of cash!
- Many auto insurance carriers provide discounts if you pay annually instead of monthly – ask yours!
- When flying, bring your own snacks to save on last minute "necessities."
- Who doesn’t love a mountain man? Encourage hubby to grow a beard and you’ll save a ton on razors!
- Change your print quality to "draft" mode – it uses less ink.
- Regularly clean the coils behind your home’s refrigerator – a clean coil uses less energy!
- Keep your freezer full – it’ll take less energy to keep it cold.
- Prep your clothes for laundry by closing zippers, buttoning buttons or turning them inside out so they last longer!
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120 degrees to cut back on heat loss – you could save hundreds a year!