In honor of the 12 days of Christmas, I wanted to share 12 ways that I am grateful for the many gifts Netflix gives me year-round:
1. Cutting the cord: I cut the cord from cable in 2012 and never looked back – and I wouldn’t have made the leap without knowing that I had unlimited entertainment from Netflix. I certainly don’t miss having a huge bill each month!
2. Non-Heinous: I love being able to play both Bill and Ted movies anytime without digging out my VHS tapes!
3. Holiday Traditions: I get sentimental whenever I see the Yule Log on TV, and every year I love having a whole season of Yule Log to play on Netflix!
4. The Truth is Out There: I’m so glad Netflix has The X-Files in its entirety so I can binge-watch it before the new series premieres next month!
5. Nostalgia on Tap: I love being able to walk down memory lane by watching shows that I grew up with!
6. Girl’s Movie Night: Jessie and I have a tradition of watching fun, silly and/or ridiculous movies together for our girl’s night in. Netflix has given us many memories and laughs with easy access to every kind of film!
7. Getting The Giggles: From It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia to the Netflix Original BoJack Horseman, there’s always something funny to watch!
8. Originality: From The Fall to OITNB to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, there are so many shows that wouldn’t exist without Netflix!
9. Catching up: I’ve gotten around to watching all kinds of movies on my “I-really-need-to-see-that” list thanks to Netflix!
10. Keeping Kiddos Happy: Thanks to shows like Daniel Tiger, my friends’ children have been saved from boredom by having something fun to watch while the adults do boring stuff like talk about mortgages!
11. Party Time: In that same vein, I love being able to turn on party-appropriate programming any time I throw a shindig for instant entertainment. It’s a Halloween party? Time for a spooky playlist! It’s Christmas time? Time for the Yule Log mentioned in #3!
12. Endless Entertainment: No matter whether it’s a documentary, comedy, new movie, old movie, cartoon or something else, every genre is on Netflix so you’re never at a loss for something to watch!
I’ve mentioned before how Netflix gift cards make the perfect holiday gift. That’s why I’m very excited to give one away to a lucky ready!
Enter To Win:
One MomStart reader will win a six-month Netflix subscription!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. Giveaway closes on December 13th, 2015 at 11 PM PST and is open to residents of the continental US who are 18 years of age or older. Sorry, no PO boxes. Please see the widget for full details. Click here to read our giveaway rules.