Halloween is the beginning of baking season and that’s my favorite time of year. Here are 10 different Halloween inspired cookie surprises.
This is a partnered post with Hormel Family.
For the love of bacon, what could be better than a taco cupcakes with a bacon lining. Not much I think. Check out how Hormel combines their bacon with taco mix, salsa and guacamole.
Taco Cupcakes in Bacon Lining Recipe
½ pound HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Cob Smoked bacon
½ pound ground beef
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
¼ cup water
½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup whole kernel corn
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded lettuce
½ cup WHOLLY SALSA® dip
¼ cup WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® classic dip
¼ cup sour cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease outside of 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Invert cups onto baking sheet. Cut each bacon slice in half. Arrange 4 half-slices of bacon side-by-side on work surface. Weave 4 bacon half-slices of bacon in opposite direction. Carefully lift bacon lattice and place over custard cups. Press to shape over the cups. Repeat with remaining bacon and custard cups. Bake 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and browned. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes to cool.
2. In skillet, cook ground beef 5 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in black beans and corn.
3. Remove bacon cups from custard cups. Fill bacon cups with taco mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream, if desired. Serves 6.
Here is another recipe I wanted to share with all of you from Hormel. This recipes is sure to be a crowd pleaser because it’s covered in bacon!
Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced new red potatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked thin-crust pizza shell
- 3/4 cup sour cream and chive potato topper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large skillet, cook potatoes, onions, garlic, fresh and dried rosemary, salt and pepper in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
- On baking sheet, place pizza shell. Spread potato topper over shell. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with potato mixture, bacon and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake pizza 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into appetizer squares to serve.
This is a partnered post with Hormel Family. I receive samples in exchange for sharing their information. It’s almost October so I know you’ll start thinking about Halloween recipes. Here is a creepy Crawly recipes that you’re sure to love.
Spider Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter Spread
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Makes 66 cookies.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat together peanut butter and margarine with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in granulated and brown sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange cookies 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. If decorating like spiders, remove to cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Decorate to look like spiders, if desired.
- If decorating like spiders, gently press mini peanut butter cup into top of each cookie while still warm. When chocolate starts to melt, attach thin pretzel "legs" by placing end of pretzel into melted chocolate. Cool completely then attach mini coated candy pieces for "eyes" and mini sugar pearls for "pupils" with peanut butter.
Today is the first day of Fall and to me Pumpkin is the essence of Fall. I love Pumpkin. Pumpkins are very versatile in their uses for cooking. Most parts of the pumpkin are edible, including the fleshy shell, the seeds, the leaves, and even the flowers. In the United States and Canada, pumpkin is a popular Halloween and Thanksgiving staple. Pumpkin purée is sometimes prepared and frozen for later use and it’s super easy to do.
- Easy, Quick Pumpkin Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Pancake Muffin Recipe Using Pumpkin
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Donuts
- Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Pie
- Whole Wheat Penne with Pumpkin, Sausage, and Chard
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup
- Pumpkin Fluff
- Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping
- Soft Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Pumpkin Cheese-Cake Balls
- Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Squares
- Pumpkin Magic Bars Recipe
- Heirloom Pumpkin Bread
This is a partnered post as part of my Truvia Ambassadorship.
As a Truvia Ambassador we receive new products before they hit the shelves and we received the new Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend to use. So we made cookies, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies using the new Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend. Since we are partnering with Truvia on this post we also wanted to share with you their new Truvia Baking Star contest.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies Recipes:
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
1/2 cup Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, both Truvia blends, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Next add the pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla.
Mix the mixture on medium speed until well mixed.
Then stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonful onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 13-14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
Cool for 2 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Truvia® Baking Star starts today Monday, September 15th. Visit truviabakingstar.com to see videos of of YouTube’s top foodies, including a gourmet chef and healthy living expert, to launch the Truvia® Baking Star contest. Gaby Dalkin, Byron Talbott, April Moore and Joanne Ozug created a series of recipe videos which all use the new Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and encourage fans like you guys to enter the contest.
Truvia® Baking Star Contest Timeline:
· September 15 – October 7, 2014: Participants can submit a video which showcases their baking talents and highlights an original recipe featuring either the NEW Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend or the Truvia® Baking Blend via TruviaBakingStar.com.
· October 15 to October 29, 2014: Fans can vote for their favorite of 10 semi-finalists. The highest vote-getters will be notified that they have won a spot in the final round and an all-expense-paid trip to New York City with a guest.
November 19, 2014: The finalists’ baking skills will be judged live by the YouTube Star judges and the Truvia® Baking Star Contest winner will be announced. The winner will receive a professionally produced & promoted video.
I love nuts and my favorite nut is the Pistachio, so we found some of the best 10 recipes on the web using Pistachios.
Rover.com. Often referred to as an Airbnb for dogs, the Seattle-based company is the nation’s largest network connecting dog owners with dog lovers for hire. They have lots of tricks up their sleeves when it comes to pampering your dog a few favorites are ice rings, cheeseburger pops and kale bones, with a few other pet food inspirations. Below is the cheeseburger pop recipe.
Step 1: Start with any one of these tasty liquid bases
- Low sodium chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- Peanut butter
- No-sugar applesauce
- Cottage cheese
- Baby food
- Canned dog food (thinned out with water or broth)
- Rice milk
- Canned pumpkin puree
Step 2: Mix in madness! Choose your dog’s favorite ingredients
- Cheese cubes (if tolerated)
- Green beans
- Sweet potato
- Broccoli or cauliflower florets
- Watermelon (seeded)
- Diced or ground meat
Step 3: Freeze and enjoy!
Offer up a homemade pupsicle on a hot day for the perfect picnic treat.
I am a Truvia Brand ambassador and compensated for my time, opinions are always my own.
Substituting Truvia in the place of sugar in recipes is a great place to start. Truvia baking blend is designed for easy, at-home baking, and is a blend of Truvia® natural sweetener and sugar. Truvia® Baking Blend provides sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar. Truvia® Baking Blend is available at retail stores nationwide in a 1.5 pound bag with a closeable, easy-to-use pour spout. I love how easy it is to store and pour. We decided that this month we wanted to share with you 20 different recipes using Truvia!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
- Healthy Strawberry Lemon Smoothie
- White Bean Brownies
- Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade with Truvía® Natural Sweetener
- Double-Chocolate Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- Watermelon Granita
- Skinny Bakery Style Donut Holes
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia
- Breakfast Chocolate Mousse
- Fudgy Brownies with Truvía® Baking Blend
- Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookie Muffins
- Going Skinny with Your Cocktails! Fabulous Cocktail Recipes that Won’t Stick to Your Thighs!
- Skinny Sweet Tea
- Homemade Limeade
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
- Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream with Homemade Caramel Drizzle
- Simple Syrup with Truvía® Natural Sweetener
Wraps are a great way to get kids to eat a few more vegetables. Just put them in a wrap with some of the fresh Hormel® Natural Choice® ham or turkey.
Crispy Vegetable Turkey Wrap Recipe
3 ounces HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey
¼ cup Swiss chard
3 sprigs daikon sprouts
1 each medium red, yellow and orange bell peppers cut into matchsticks
1 (6-inch) whole wheat tortilla or flatbread
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
Salt and pepper
1. Lay tortilla on plate or flat surface.
2. Layer Swiss chard, sprouts and pepper on tortilla.
3. Pile turkey evenly in center of wrap.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over turkey.
5. Fold sides of tortilla to center. Fold bottom of tortilla up.