For grandparents and families that want luxury travel with children or grandchildren, Crystal Cruises has made it an easy choice to cruise together in luxury, according to Ross Spalding, President-Crown Cruise Vacations. Crystal offers one of the most comprehensive children’s programs at sea with outstanding offerings that exceed even the highest expectations.
Sophisticated cruise specialists at Crown Cruise Vacations provide exclusive offers, exceptional value & unparalleled service and can assist with any cruise information and booking.
Overview of the Children’s Program
Crystal Cruises’ extraordinary commitment to excellence and quality of experience applies to guests of all ages. Space dedicated to children is rare on luxury ships, yet Crystal has designed its ships to accommodate multiple generations. Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity offer spacious staterooms in a range of categories as well as suites, third berths, and connecting staterooms, child-friendly cuisine, highly acclaimed children’s programs on select sailings with activities for children ages 3-17, a Fantasia playroom, and a video arcade for teens. During holiday cruises, summer sailings and other selected itineraries, additional children’s activities are offered under the supervision of experienced Junior Activities Directors. For parents longing for some time on their own, all vessels offer in-stateroom babysitting.
The Facilities for Families
Many facilities on Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity were designed with young guests in mind. Fantasia has supervised activities, tables and chairs for board games, arts and crafts, giant padded cubes, puzzles, and large-screen televisions with kid-sized stadium seating. Teenagers enjoy the Waves video arcade, which has Sony PlayStation® 2, Nintendo Wii™ and Xbox 360TM kiosks. The Library offers a selection of children’s books and videos for in-room viewing; children can also see recently released films in The Hollywood Theatre.
The Activities for Children
Crystal Cruises offers children a broad choice of organized activities and entertainment options. A daily Surf Runner newsletter provides details on the following day’s activity schedule, tailored by age group, available on cruises that typically have many children (summer cruises, shorter itineraries and holiday sailings):
- Scavenger Hunts
- Hide and Seek
- Story Times / Ice cream / Pajama Parties
- Stretch-ercise / Dress-up Playtime
- Bridge / Galley tours
- Cookie Baking / Pizza making
- Fashion Shows / Coke-tails / card games
- Karaoke / Special Artists’ Performances
- Mask Parade / Trivia
- Movies / Dancing
- Mini Olympics / Relay Races
- Pool Games / Paddle tennis
- Water Polo / Swimming
- Shuffleboard / Volleyball
- Late Night Pool Parties / Teen disco
- Trivial Pursuit Teen karaoke
- Twister Popcorn Parties
- Pizza Parties Computer University@Sea®
- E-mail Services
The Children’s Dining
Crystal’s executive chefs and other culinary staff can prepare custom dishes and items comparable to those found on shoreside kids’ menus. Baby food, high chairs and booster seats are available on request. In addition to meals in the Crystal Dining Room and specialty restaurants, the Trident Grill & Ice Cream Bar serves complimentary hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and sandwiches as well as ice cream, non-fat yogurt and cookies throughout the afternoon.
All vessels offer in-stateroom babysitting for children over the age of 1. Arrangements can easily be made by contacting the concierge at least 24 hours in advance. Fees are $10 per hour for one child, $15 per hour for two children and $20 per hour for three children. To satisfy safety concerns, the maximum number of children/babies watched by one babysitter is three.
Children 11 and younger occupying the third berth pay 50 percent of the minimum fare when accompanied by two full-fare paying adults. Throughout the year, the line occasionally sets special promotions in which children can sail free when sharing a room with two adults.
Crystal Symphony offers ten connecting staterooms and 89 staterooms with a third berth available. On Crystal Serenity, there are 50 connecting staterooms and 154 staterooms with a third berth available.
Please note: Crystal Cruises is unable to accommodate children less than 6 months of age and reserves the right to restrict the number of those less than 3 years of age aboard the ships
Teen Program (ages 13 – 17)
- Sony Playstation® 2, Nintendo® Xbox 360 and Wii Tournaments
- Afternoon Games in the Bridge Lounge
- Afternoon Movie in the Hollywood Theatre
- CU@Sea classes in the computer lab
- Golf Pro Educational Classes
- Clue Hunt
- Paddle Tennis
- Table Tennis
- Shuffle Board
- Golfing Range
- Fitness Classes with the Fitness Director (ages 16+) Library
- Lectures – Destination and Special Guest
- Backstage Tour
- Galley Tour
- Teen Trivia
- Teen Bingo
Night Time Activities and Theme Nights
- Poker Night
- Texas Hold Em Tournament
- Karaoke Night
- Movie Night – in Fantasia or the Hollywood Theatre
- Disco Night
- Pictionary Night
- Game Night in the Bridge Lounge
- “Coke”tails – meet and greet for teens
- Liar’s Club – hosted by the Cruise Director, for all guests on board. Check Reflections for time and location.
- Liar’s Club – teen version hosted by the Junior Activities Director.
- Pool and Hot Tub Party Hangout
- Paddle Tennis Tournament
- Casual Dining with Friends in the Lido
- Toga Party
- Destination Party – with themes planned according to where the ship is sailing
- “What if” Conversation Starters
- Five Minute Mysteries
- Murder Mystery Night
- Sail-away Party
- Crystal Cruises is unable to accommodate children less than 6 months of age and reserves the right to restrict the number of those less than 3 years of age aboard the ships. There are no formal programs for children under 3.