Here’s a yummy appetizer recipe from Paulding & Company that seafood fans should love:
Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy Paulding & Company
▪ 32 medium sized brown mushrooms (crimini)
▪ 2 medium shallots
▪ 2 Tbs. butter
▪ 1 cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs (or dry bread crumbs, if you don’t have fresh, but use ½ as much)
▪ ½ Lb. raw peeled chopped and deveined shrimp
▪ ¼ cup chopped parsley
▪ pinch cayenne pepper or shake of Tabasco
▪ salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper
▪ 1 cup freshly grated Grana padano or Parmesan
▪ 1/3 cup mayonnaise (Best foods-not a sweetened one!)
▪ 2 Tbs. parsley
▪ Paprika for sprinkling on after they bake
Carefully clean and stem mushrooms, reserving stems. Line up mushrooms on a parchment lined half-sheet pan.
Finely chop shallots and mushroom stems. Combine, saute in butter over medium heat until all their water is reabsorbed. Combine with remaining ingredients except paprika, taste for seasoning and adjust. Stuff caps with filling. May be made up to one day in advance and refrigerated, covered.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake 15 min or more until browned. Serve warm but not too hot to pick up, with a shake of paprika on top. The trick is to be generous with the stuffing — and not generous with the bread crumbs, so that what you taste is the seafood.
Yield: 32 pieces