Mmmmm, Thanksgiving and Sweet Potato Casserole go hand in hand. Posting all these amazing recipes this week is really making my mouth water and getting me in the mood for Thanksgiving and eating. I’ve been on a diet almost all year and I can’t wait to dig into recipes like this one. Check out how to make this extra juicy and crispy sweet potato casserole.
Extra Juicy and Crispy Sweet Potato Casserole
· 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
· 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
· 1 Cup Brown Sugar
· ½ Cup Water
· 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1. Being by slicing your sweet potatoes into small chunks no large than around 1 inch.
- 2. In a boiling pot, place your sweet potatoes and allow to boil for around 10 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- 3. Butter an 8×8 casserole dish and place the potatoes in it.
- 4. In a sauce pan, combine your butter, water, and sugar.
- 5. Bring to a boil and then pour over the top of the potatoes.
- 6. Place in the oven for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are “fork soft.” Be sure to flip the potatoes or stir them so the top potatoes end up on the bottom about halfway through the cooking time.
- 7. Pull out of the oven and cover the top with your marshmallows.
- 8. Stick back the oven for about 5-10 more minutes, depending on how crunchy or dark you like your marshmallows. I enjoy mine super dark so I placed them in for the full ten minutes.
- 9. Pull out of the oven and enjoy!