- Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Cups with a Sweet Berry Compote
- Puff Pastry Valentine Dessert
- Romantic Red Velvet Trifle
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling
- Decadent Raspberry Truffle Brownies
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberries
- Blood Orange Panna Cotta
- Delicious Berry Cream Tarts
- Chocolate Truffle Heart Cakes
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- French chocolate tarte with dark chocolate ganache
- Katie’s Molten Lava Cake
Here’s another delicious pasta recipe from our friends at Three Bridges:
Five Cheese Tortellini in Parmesan Broth
Recipe courtesy Three Bridges
9oz package of Three Bridges Five Cheese Tortellini Value Pack
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
4 oz piece of Parmesan cheese with rind
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to instructions on package. Drain, cover and keep warm.
2. In a medium pot, combine broth, bay leaf, Parmesan cheese and a few cracks of black pepper. Simmer gently for 25-30 minutes until cheese is fragrant. Remove cheese and bay leaf, add lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Split tortellini between four bowls and ladle Parmesan broth over the pasta. Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chives.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Ready In: 40 min
Yields: 4 servings
I love ravioli, so this recipe from Three Bridges sounds delicious to me!
Superfood Ravioli with Caramelized Onion, Black Olives & Parmesan
9oz package of Three Bridges Superfood Ravioli
2 tbsp olive oil
2 anchovies (optional)
1 medium yellow onion – thinly sliced
1 ½ tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup Kalamata olives – halved
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese – grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook according to directions. Drain, cover and keep warm.
2. Put oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Cook anchovies in the pot (if using) and add the onions, thyme and a heavy pinch of salt and cook, stirring often until onions are completely soft and browned, adding a few tablespoons of water if the pan gets too hot or the onions stick.
3. Stir the olives into the onion, season to taste with salt and black pepper. Mix in with the ravioli and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
READY IN: 15 min
YIELDS: 2 Servings
If you’re thinking about making your own juice to start 2015 off on a fresh note, Jeju 16 Water is sharing this veggie-packed recipe for you to try:
Green Detox Juice
Recipe courtesy Jeju 16 Water
1 1/2 cups of Jeju 16 Water
2 cups kale
2 green apples, cored
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1 medium cucumber, quartered
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
1 (1-inch) piece of ginger, peeled
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Add all of the ingredients into the blender jug in the order in which they are listed. Blend the ingredients on the highest level setting, such as “liquefy,” until the juice is well-blended. (It will be the consistency of a smoothie.) If you want to enjoy the pulp with your juice, pour the mixture into glasses and serve.
If you prefer a thinner consistency, pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, and using a spatula, press the pulp into the sieve to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour the strained juice into glasses and serve.
Recently, I was craving something chocolatey, so I decided to whip up a milkshake inspired by Hershey’s recipe for a milkshake made with cocoa powder. To make it nice and creamy, I added Chobani Yogurt, plus a banana for a little fruit boost. This was tasty and a great way to use overripe bananas!
Chocolate Banana Milkshake
2 TBSP Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
3 TBSP sugar
1 ripe banana
1 cup Chobani Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
1 C milk
Add all ingredients to blender and mix on “Smoothie” mode until thoroughly blended. Serve and enjoy!
Did you know that today, January 11th, is National Hot Toddy Day? To celebrate, Ole Smoky are sharing this great recipe:
Ole Smoky Apple Pie Hot Toddy
Recipe courtesy Ole Smoky
1-2oz Ole Smoky Apple Pie
1 Lemon Wedge
2 tsp Honey
6-7 oz brewed Celestial gingerbread spice tea
Stir Ole Smoky, Honey and tea together; garish with lemon wedge.
Today, we’re sharing another yummy recipe from Denise Austin to get your New Year started off right:
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp With Avocado-Tomato-Hearts of Palm Salad
Recipe courtesy Denise Austin.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
12 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 cup sliced hearts of palm (from can, rinsed and drained)
3 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle the shrimp with the garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
3. Add the shrimp to the skillet and saute until cooked, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Divide the shrimp evenly between 2 plates.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, and hearts of palm. Divide the salad evenly between the 2 plates.
5. Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice and 1 Tbsp. cilantro over each plate (the shrimp and the salad).
It’s a New Year, which means that many of us are working on our health & fitness resolutions. Next week, I’ll be interviewing fitness expert Denise Austin about smart strategies for keeping on track with wellness goals; in the meantime, she’s sharing this delicious and nutritious recipe for chicken lettuce wraps:
Chicken Lettuce Wraps With Sesame Green Beans
Recipe courtesy Denise Austin.
10 oz. cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, finely diced
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
1 (8 oz.) can bamboo shoots, drained and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp. lower–‐sodium soy sauce (if following a gluten–‐free diet, check ingredients to ensure soy sauce is gluten–‐free)
1 to 2 tsp. chili paste (such as sriracha)
10 large lettuce leaves, separated, washed, and patted dry
3/4 pound (about 3 cups) green beans, trimmed
2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
1 cup cooked brown rice (or quinoa)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, scallions, garlic, and cilantro.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chili paste.
3. Add 3 Tbsp. of the dressing to the chicken mixture (reserve the rest for the green beans) and stir well. Place 5 lettuce leaves on each plate and divide the chicken mixture evenly between the 10 lettuce leaves.
4. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender–‐crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a colander and rinse under cold water.
5. Divide the green beans evenly between the 2 plates. Top each portion of green beans with a drizzle
of the remaining dressing and 1 tsp. sesame seeds.
6. Serve each portion with ½ cup rice.
I love sweet, coffee-based cocktails, so I think this drink featuring Amarula Cream sounds simply delicious:
Recipe courtesy Amarula Cream
1 oz Amarula Cream
2 oz hot espresso
1 oz whisky
Pinch of hot chocolate powder or cocoa
Prepare hot espresso in a highball or deep-stemmed glass, add whisky and sugar to taste. Add orange peel and cinnamon stick, stir. Pour Amarula in to coffee mixture and stir again until texture appears creamy. Float cream on top and garnish with pinch of hot chocolate or cocoa powder.
I’m a big fan of Partida Tequila, so I know this recipe must make one tasty cocktail!
Recipe by Jacques Bezuidenhout
2 oz Partida Anejo Tequila
6 oz Hot Spiced Apple Cider
1 tbsp. Heavy Cream
In a small warm wine glass add Tequila and hot apple cider. Float heavy cream. To garnish, grate fresh Nutmeg over cream. Note the texture appears creamy.