Katie Cazorla recently went on Home & Family to demonstrate how to make your own fun and funky nail polish shades!
How to Make DIY Nail Polish
The Painted Nail’s Katie Cazorla shows you how to create your own nail polish pigment using old makeup. She says you always start with your base coat before adding the pigment. When creating the color, she encourages you to have fun and get as creative as you want. Debbie mentions that this would be a great DIY to do at your next teenage sleepover.
• Clear nail polish (the thicker the better)
• Mixing stick
1) Pour out half of your clear nail polish into a mixing container
2) Add glitter and pigment to clear polish in mixing container
3) Mix together
4) Pour nail polish back into bottle using a small funnel
5) Place on cap, shake, and it’s ready to use!
Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.