I walked over 12 miles while I was exploring California Adventures, our hotel and Downtown Disney. We actually traveled the 300,000-plus square-foot Downtown Disney District quite a few times walking back and fourth from California Adventures to our hotel. There are so many different stores and attractions to explore free of charge once you’re on the Disney lot. Downtown Disney District includes such distinctive locales as ESPN Zone, House of Blues, La Brea Bakery Café, LEGO Imagination Center, Rainforest Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Build-a-Bear Workshop, AMC Theatres, World of Disney and coming this summer, Earl of Sandwich. Other dining highlights include the Mediterranean-inspired Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar; Tortilla Jo’s, offering tempting Mexican specialties and music; the festive Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria, featuring the famed cuisine of southern Italy; and Napolini, a gourmet Italian deli.
Downtown Disney features more than 50 shops, restaurants, boutiques and snack locations, plus a travel center with offices for the Walt Disney Travel Company, Travelex and Alamo Rent-A-Car. Other Downtown Disney venues include favorite snacking stops as well as boutiques for jewelry, fashion, sunglasses, fragrances, art, gifts, food items and souvenirs:
· Build-A-Bear Workshop – Guests create their own stuffed animals as they “choose, stuff, stitch, fluff, name and dress” their way through a series of bear-making stations.
· D Street – A fusion of urban chic with Disney flair. D Street is the place guests find trendy, modern apparel, merchandise, artwork and vintage inspired apparel.
· Disney Vault 28 – This couture boutique features notable designs from Mighty Fine, Tank Farm and Harajuku Lovers, offering guests the hottest handbags, jewelry and apparel.
· Fossil – Guests get a polished retro look from a variety of clothing, wallets, purses and classic Fossil watches.
· Häagen-Dazs – Guests enjoy famous premium ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, gelato, brownies, cookies, soft drinks, juices and specialty coffee drinks.
· Jamba Juice – This shop celebrates the flavors of life while serving a variety of healthy and refreshing smoothies and juices.
· LEGO Imagination Center – Recently remodeled with more fun, this store offers a huge variety of the latest Lego imagination products that enable guests to create and build.
· LittleMissMatched – Here, guests “think outside the socks!” Creativity and color rein as they mix-and-match a variety of unique sock options, as well as totes, pajamas, hair accessories and t-shirts. Solving the mystery of the lost sock, all socks come in threes!
· Marceline’s Confectionery – Inspired by Walt Disney’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri, this nostalgic sweet shop is stuffed with freshly, hand-made goodies, candy and fanciful assortments.
· Pearl Factory – Guests create authentic pearl jewelry at the Pearl Factory, Hawaii’s Original Pearl-in-the-Oyster. This kiosk features more than 135 jewelry mountings for a one-of-a-kind treasure.
· Quicksilver – Offers hundreds of stylish goods from such leading designers as Billabong, Hurley, Ripcurl, Quicksilver, Oakley and more.
· RIDEMAKERZ – Guests design their own custom ride, choosing from hundreds of options to style their own toy car or truck from body types, wheels, sound effects, colors and accessories.
The diverse menu of unique retail, dining and entertainment options at Downtown Disney offers something for everyone. AMC Theatres is a nationwide operator of popular multiplex cinemas and entertainment centers. Its Downtown Disney locale features a 12-screen, Art Deco inspired megaplex theater, featuring stadium-style seating and the finest in moviegoer amenities.
Thank you to Disneyland for the day to explore California Adventures.