It’s Avocado Season at Subway!
I didn’t try my first fresh avocado until I was 21! Growing up in the Midwest, the only way I ever knew an avocado was served was in the guacamole our local Mexican restaurant. Oh, how deprived I was! Now I must be making up for the 21 year void because I love to add fresh avocado to just about any salad and sandwich. And lucky for me and the other avocado lovers out there because it’s now avocado season at Subway restaurants nationwide! You can always add avocado to any of your favorite Subway salads and sandwiches, but here are some of the featured sandwiches you can choose from:
· B.L.T. with avocado
· Chipotle Steak and Cheese with avocado
· Turkey and Bacon with avocado
· Bacon, Egg and Cheese with avocado
I picked up lunch for my daughters and I last week at our local Subway and we enjoyed the Turkey and Bacon with avocado and the B.L.T. with avocado. BLT’s are one of my favorite summertime sandwiches and adding that fresh avocado really makes it an extra special treat. I’m planning to return for dinner this week to try out the Chipotle Steak and Cheese with avocado. If that’s just as good, I might just have to return before avocado season is over at Subway for breakfast and check out the Bacon, Egg and Cheese with avocado. Avocados are truly a great summer indulgence!
In the spirit of avocado season, here are Subway’s favorite “SUPER Good” Summertime Indulgences:
1. Enjoy Tasty Foods – Whether it’s a sweet treat or sprucing up a favorite sandwich, a little flavor will go a long way! We suggest indulging with the Turkey & Bacon with Avocado – or adding avocado to your fave Subway sandwich. Bravo for Avocado! Or as we say, BRAVOCADO!
2. Spend Time Outdoors – Skip your Saturday chores and take a walk to the park or beach, go for a hike or bike along a trail – and pack a picnic with your favorite sandwiches!
3. Treat Yourself – Shake things up with an Avocado Smoothie! Combine 2 cups of milk, 1 large avocado, 2 tablespoons of honey and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Yum!
4. Staycation – Why not make being in your hometown its own vacation? Take a day or a weekend and explore your city, visit new places or just see it through a new lens!
5. Movie Nights– This summer will be filled with movies! Why not consider catch a couple of movies and taking in a night of the big screen?
What is your favorite summertime indulgence? Share yours for a chance to win! ONE lucky Momstart.com reader will win a $25 Subway Gift Card.
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to the winner, Valerie M.
Please see the giveaway rules.
Disclosure – a gift card was provided to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the writing of this review; however, opinions expressed are my own.
Emily is also very active in the local MOMS CLUB. She raises chickens and has 2 shihtzus. Her daughter Caitlyn attends Montessori school and she hates housecleaning, loves wine and enjoys dining out. She would love to find a cure for the depression and anxiety she has dealt with on and off over the past 10 years, just like me. She is an amazing mom and friend.