Caramel Apple Pizza
I made this pizza with my left over dough from the Banana Splizza. My husband loves apples, so this was just another one of those creations I think up. No real inspiration, just though another dessert is more fun than making an actual pizza … HA!
Caramel Apple Pizza Recipe
1 Paula Deen’s Pizza Crust (which is ½ of the recipe)
1 large organic Honey Crisp apple
8 – .25 ounce caramel cubes
½ Tablespoon butter
½ Tablespoon heavy cream
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Follow the directions to make the pizza crust. Use a fork to poke holes in base to prevent bubbling. Bake.
2. While crust is baking cut the apple into quarters. Core. Thinly slice to about 1/8 inch slices. Place apples onto baked crust. Cover any exposed crust and broil under hi heat for 2-minutes.
3. In a small pot over medium-low heat combine butter, cream, and caramel. Drizzle over apples.
4. Sprinkle caramel apples with cinnamon. Top with chips.
5. Loosely cover pizza with aluminum and bake at 400oF for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate and heat the caramel. Cut and serve!
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.Powered by Sidelines