I’ve been on the look out for simple, fun, and easy crafts that anyone can do… and that anyone can do last minute. I know that I always have these daydreams of getting my Martha Stewart on and having cute, homemade décor for whatever holiday happens to be just around the corner. It never happens though. I’m a procrastinator. I’m also a planner. Odd combination, right? Nevertheless, I’ve been lucky enough to stumble across yet another awesome craft that anyone can do for Valentine’s Day… and that you can do at the last minute.
How to Make a Valentine’s T-Shirt
You will need:
- One pre-washed t-shirt
- Fabric paint in a contrasting color
- Paper doilies (heart-shaped)
- Sponge paint dabbers
- Piece of poster or cardboard
1. Lay the shirt out flat. Put the cardboard in between the layers of the shirt so that the paint will not bleed through.
2. Place the heart-shaped doily on the center of the shirt (or use this chance to express some artistic freedom if you’re brave).
3. Dip the sponge into the paint, dab off the excess, and begin stamping the dabber all around the doily. Use the doily as a stencil.
4. Once you have covered the entire doily area with paint, carefully remove the doily. Allow the paint to dry. Remove the cardboard and VOILA! You have a cute Valentine’s Day shirt to wear every year!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ashley has a background in teaching Kindergarten and working with children K through 8th grade. She is now a SAHM and active with our local MOMS Club chapter. She writes her own blog at Momicles.Powered by Sidelines