This was ALWAYS my favorite Christmas recipe. And you know what, it still is! YUM! My favorite thing is to eat them frozen. My mom use to freeze them to hide them from me, but I knew where they were and would sneak them. Because of this I grow up loving them best frozen.
Mix peanut butter, ½ cup butter, sugar, and vanilla
Form nickel-sized balls
Spear with a toothpick
After freezing the balls melt some chocolate and dip them
Put back in freezer
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe:
1½ cups peanut butter
16 ounces powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, divided
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and place in the freezer.
2. Mix peanut butter, ½ cup butter, sugar, and vanilla. Remove frozen sheet. With hands form nickel-sized balls. Mixture will be stiff. Place balls on sheet and spear with a toothpick.
3. Once sheet is full place sheet back into the freezer and allow balls freeze while slowly melting together chocolate and ½ cup butter in a double boiler.
4. Remove balls from freezer and coat in chocolate as desired (I do a full dip though some like to do a ½ or ¾ dip) and replace onto waxed cookie sheet.
5. Freeze or refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to allow chocolate to firm.
6. For storage, keep refrigerated.
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm