I LOVE Avocados, just love them any time of day, breakfast lunch and dinner. Avocados From Mexico have worked with me in the past and I just adore them. So when they asked me to share some Spooky recipes with you, I thought, it is getting awfully close to Halloween Season and I love both Halloween and Avocados. So here is the first of the two recipes I’m going to share with you.
Pumpkin Spookamole Recipe
- 2 avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup minced onion, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a medium bowl, place 2 tablespoons of the chopped onion, the chiles, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro and the salt.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, mash until the mixture becomes a juicy paste.
- Add avocados; with a fork, coarsely mash avocados; stir to combine with the paste.
- Fold in the tomatoes, lime juice and remaining onion and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.