The Ultimate Football Recipe Challenge: Swanson Poppy Seed Chicken Pizza Bites

Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken has asked bloggers to come up with the Ultimate Football recipe using the Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken. These cans of chicken are so convenient for busy moms, and families to throw lunch dinner, or a quick snack together in minutes. I knew exactly what I wanted to make for this contest.

This is a family recipe but altered to be more party friendly!

Poppy Seed Chicken PizzaSwanson Poppy Seed Chicken Pizza Bites Recipe

1 cup of sour cream
2 cans of Swanson Chicken (large cans)
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons of Poppy Seeds
1 Package of Ritz crackers (crushed)
2 Tablespoons of Butter (melted)
1 Pre-made Pizza Crust

Directions:

1) Prepare the Pizza Crust according to the directions on the package

2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3) Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and mix until well distributed

4) Pour into a 9 by 13 pan and heat for 20 minutes

Pizza Slice5) Raise the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees

7) Sprinkle out the crackers over the pizza

8) Pour the melted butter over the crackers

9) Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (or until the crackers are a nice golden brown color

10) Use the leftover mixture as a dip/appetizer

11) When the pizza is done, depending on what type of party you are having, cut the pizza into pizza slices or squares (pizza bites) for party snacking

What do you think? Would you try it? What would you make with the chicken?

This was posted as an entry into a contest sponsored by Swanson as a chance to visit the Campbell’s Kitchen prize package value of 1500 and the title “Ultimate Swanson Football Champion 2011!”

Powered by

Recent Articles on Mom Start

Plum Deluxe Teas

Tasty, Oregon-Made Teas From Plum Deluxe

Sample provided. After his first visit to England, Jai remarked that he hadn’t realized how true the cliché of drinking tea is. There are plenty of silly stereotypes about English people that aren’t true, but the joke that we drink tea constantly is totally accurate. My kitchen is always fully stocked with tea – while […]

Comments

• says

Thank you Tina! How have you been? You did a great job on Melissa’s hair. Mine is red too but it doesn’t look near as good as the job you did! When my kids are older, I’m going to ask you do do mine. ;-)

Thanks again for leaving a comment on the Chicken Recipe!

1. Summer Oleksy says

That looks good. I’m not a big fan of poppy seeds though; I love having a base recipe that I can personalize.

2. Holly says

Looks really good, and I bet my boys would love it. I like to use the canned chicken to make chicken salad with mayo, cut up celery, and dried cherries. It’s always a hit, and it goes fast!

3. Julie Neve says

Oh, that is such a great idea! I like the canned chicken. I try to get it on sale, always a great quick back up lunch!

4. says

This sounds amazing. I Iove putting ritz crackers in recipies. Once I used them instead of bread crumbs to coat chicken strips. That was yummy too.

5. JD Northwest says

Nothing says football like a pizza. I think I’d go with ‘more’ for step 6) Spoon out the heated chicken mixture onto the pizza crust, use as much or as little as you would like on your pizza. Spread out to the edges. :)

6. Lynn H says

Ok I didn’t even know you could get chicken in a can! I like the Swanson brand so I’ll give this a try. Maybe something I can get my child(ren) to help with.
    As a bonus everyone in my family are Ritz cracker addicts.

7. Kellie Conklin says

While I am normally one to not want to try unique recipes, this just looks awesome! I love the use of crushed Ritz crackers on the top, the idea of creamy and crunchy textures both going on is great. Plus, it seems very simple to make! Can’t wait to try it, thanks for the recipe (and pictures!!)!

8. Rosey says

How incredibly unique. My teen loves Chicken Pizza so we’re going to have to give your recipe a whirl. I love making new things in the kitchen. Thank you for the idea.

Trackbacks