The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
The Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator is our new favorite appliance in the house. It’s used more than almost all other appliances coming in at a close second to our TV. If we had a Samsung TV, I think the Samsung Refrigerator would be the most used appliance because we would then be able to mirror our TV to the Samsung Fridge. We tried pairing our TV to it but it just wouldn’t pair. We’re hoping as they update the software it will work with our TV.
The Samsung Family Hub has so many apps and here are our top 10 apps in no particular order that we use on our Samsung Family Hub. But first a quick video on our favorite things.
10 Things In The Samsung Hub Refrigerator
1. The White Board – Both of my kids brighten my day every day by drawing me a new picture. I adore their creativity and how easy it is for them to use. I wish I could figure out how to make the pictures they draw the screen saver.
2. The calendar – I know that using a calendar is not a new idea, but having it there, my digital calendar where I can see it, where the entire family can see it is AMAZING. I
3. Pandora – It’s so easy to play my music lists from the Samsung Hub.
4. Glympse – with glympse I can track every member of my family. Each of us have phones and have the Glympse app. So I can ask The Samsung Hub for the location of every family member. I love it.
5. Notepad – I’m actually using the note pad to keep track of the kids chores. Whose turn is it, they do the chore then it’s their responsibility to change the name on the chore title. If they forget they have to do the chore again. Again, I LOVE it.
Second Five Favorite Features
6. View Inside The Fridge – this is fantastic because I can see what’s in the fridge without opening any of the doors. There are like 3 different cameras I think and it’s pretty good quality. Our fridge has a bottom drawer, a middle drawer we use as our deli drawer and then two doors on the top.
7. Bixby (Integrated Voice Activated Features) – Bixby is the Siri/Cortana of the fridge. Say Bixby for “it” to come alive and follow your commands. We ask Bixby all kinds of things but it doesn’t do everything yet. He can’t tell jokes but he can tell us the weather.
8. Grocery Tracking/List. You can keep track of your groceries and add them to a grocery list. I’ve put the kids in charge of this task. I think Miles has been adding them. You can also keep track of expiration dates.
9. Google Search – this is another feature that my son loves to use. He searches for space ships to draw. He also loves to search out Popular MMO videos. He is a youtube watcher for sure. We can watch videos on our Samsung Hub.
10. All Recipes – This has to be my daughter’s favorite app. She loves looking through the recipes and finding one to cook. Her only complaint is that sometimes the photos aren’t very good quality. The recipe suggestions come with voice read-out and text enlargement
There are many other things we use but this is our top ten.